At first glance, affiliate marketing looks like a tough business to prosper in. You may ask how you can succeed and profit from affiliate programs when there are so many other people selling the same products or services. Actually, there are many ways to beat the competition, but the first thing to realize is that the affiliate marketing competition isn’t as fierce as you may think.

To listen to an Audio Version of this affiliate marketing article, click this arrow:

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

First, you should know that of the people who sign up for an affiliate program, only about 10% of them will actually work to market the product or service. The other 90% either won’t do anything at all, or won’t do anything the correct way. So, your affiliate marketing competition isn’t as fierce as you thought it was.

The question, however, is how you can get ahead of those who are indeed marketing the product or service. Let’s start with your website. Even all of those who are actively trying to market the product or service won’t bother to have their own website or blog and domain name. Simply having these puts you ahead of many of the affiliate marketing wannabes.

Next, look at the sales copy that is used to sell the product or service when someone clicks on your affiliate link. First, is it effective? Will this sales page actually make sales? Second, note that all other affiliates will be directing traffic to a page that is identical to this one, no matter how they do that directing. For affiliate marketing success, write your own sales copy, and put it on your own site, and from there link to the affiliate sales page.

How can you better serve your affiliate marketing prospects and customers? Go the extra mile. Write articles, free reports, and short ebooks and give them away to prospects, and make sure you include your affiliate link. Submit articles weekly to the various article directories as well, and contact e-zine publishers about publishing your articles.

Another effective affiliate marketing strategy is to offer a bonus that nobody else is offering. You will have to create the bonus yourself, but you also have the option of purchasing a resell rights package or product that relates to your niche, and giving it away to customers who order through your affiliate link.

Look at what your affiliate marketing competitors are doing – and make sure that you are doing that and more. Keep a constant watch, and always make sure that you are doing more or offering more than they are, and you should always beat your affiliate marketing competition.

Remember that even though affiliate marketing is an online business, it’s still a business. And like any other business, affiliate marketing success requires time and effort – the more you put into your affiliate marketing business the greater your affiliate marketing success and profits!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Doug Champigny - The Success Lifestylist
Doug Champigny, The Success Lifestylist, is a world-famous author, speaker and mentor who has been helping corporations, companies, retailers, entrepreneurs and other individuals and organizations to achieve true success for over 30 years so far...

Keep up with Doug Champigny online by following him on Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, FriendFeed, and EzineArticles. For any media enquiries, to have Doug speak at your event or to find out about having Doug mentor you directly, follow the links from the DougChampigny.com homepage. Be sure to bookmark this blog and return often for more helpful tips & insights!


 

Follow Captain Affiliate On Twitter!

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!