Affiliates – Stop Paying For Worthless Traffic!
Have you ever walked into a store, bought 100 of something, then walked out with only one or two of them – or paid for 100 gallons of gas but then only pumped 2 or 3 gallons of gas into your tank? Sounds pretty silly, yet thousands of affiliate marketers do the same thing every day when they buy traffic that goes directly to their affiliate links.
Are you guilty of this major affiliate marketing mistake? Do you buy Cost Per Click (CPC) ads, ads on social media sites, solo e-zine ads, banner ads on websites, premium listings in search engines or any other such types of ads, all linked directly to your affiliate links? Let’s take a look at why this is so glaring a mistake, in light of it being so common amongst affiliate marketing methods…
Typical results for online advertising of products goes as follows: you buy 1,000 clicks from a targeted source, and of that thousand visitors you get sales from 1 – 2% of them – maybe 4 – 6% for a great offer or a spectacular result of 10% if the product is unique, timely, priced right and comes with powerful bonuses, right? Sounds both good and profitable – and it often is.
But what about the other 90 – 99% of those clicks you paid for? These people read the offer and rejected it for whatever reason – yet you still paid for them to view the site. Now they’re gone and you’ve derived no benefit whatsoever from the majority of your advertising budget. Sounds a lot like those silly examples above, doesn’t it? But what option do you have when you’re trying to build a profitable affiliate marketing business, especially in the early days of your online business when you don’t yet have a viable opt-in list to build your commissions with?
The solution is not only simple & elegant, but works equally well for super-affiliates and those just looking to start affiliate marketing. Set up your own blog, post about the product or service, and link to the product using your affiliate link – then use your paid advertising to send targeted traffic to your blog post. Suddenly you’re deriving at least SOME benefit from every click you paid for with your hard-earned advertising budget! How?
- The people who would have bought anyway will still buy,
- Effective pre-selling in your blog post can double your conversions, making buyers out of some who wouldn’t otherwise have bought,
- Some may not buy that product, but instead end up buying something else they see in your sidebar ads or in another of your posts,
- Some may subscribe to your e-zine or RSS feed, giving you more chances to put your links in front of them,
- Some may not buy, but find your post or overall blog worthy of mention on their social media pages,
- Those active on social media sites may use easy links on your blog to follow you on Google+, Twitter, Facebook and similar sites, and
- 100% of that traffic has just seen your name, your blog and your writing, branding you worldwide over time!
Easy to see the impact this can have on your affiliate marketing commissions, isn’t it? If you don’t have your own hosting for a blog, get that & unlimited autoresponders in one great package from http://hosting4marketers.com or if you don’t know how to install a blog get a free secure WordPress blog installer here. And by making that one small change in your marketing technique you can potentially invoke and derive profits from all seven of those points and stop paying for worthless traffic – starting today!
Follow Captain Affiliate On Twitter!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!